Tips to Make Your Christmas Cactus Bloom
Christmas Cactus Colors
There are many Christmas Cactus Colors available, though if you want a specific color, you will need to seek out the right variety. Here are a few you can look out for:
Red is a very popular color of Christmas cactus as red and green are the traditional holiday colors. If you are looking for a red variety, check out the following:
- Kris Kringle – An early bloomer with red flowers
- Dark Marie – While the buds are purple, when they bloom, you’ll be blessed with red and white flowers.
Many orange varieties of the holiday cactus family will bloom in late autumn, the perfect time to showcase the color. Here are three of the nicest varieties:
- Madslome – When bloomed, this variety is a dark orange color with a creamy white center.
- Xmas Fantsy – Has a peach color with a purple hue throughout.
- Peach Parfait – This plant has blooms that are both peach and orange on the plant. They have purple stamens.
If you are looking for a pretty yellow variety, check out the “Gold Charm” which will bloom large gold flowers. This plant will also grow quite quickly.
When looking for a Christmas cactus with pink flowers, check out the following varieties:
- Thor Rit – This variety blooms bright pink flowers does best in hanging baskets as the stems trail.
- Thor Tina – Similar to Thor Rit, but with softer colored blossoms.
For a purple-flowered Christmas cactus, check out one of the following varieties:
- Dark Eva – This variety will start out as dark purple buds, but will bloom in white flowers with a violet-colored tip.
- Nicole – The blooms on this variety are soft purple with a creamy center.
If you want to remember the snow at Christmas-time, you may enjoy Christmas cactus varieties with white flowers, much like the following:
- White Christmas – Produces very small white flowers that are a bit creamy.
- Thor Britt – Not only does this variety have white flowers, but each has a bit of pink in the center as well as pink stamens.